Heart of England Community Foundation - City of Culture Fund (Rolling Deadline)
Having won the title ‘UK City of Culture 2021’, Coventry City of Culture Trust is keen to support existing and potential partners to develop their practice, their organisation or their ideas as they look to get ready for 2021, ensuring they are sustainable into the future. In 2018/19, the Coventry City of Culture Fund supported 22 projects across Coventry. The success rate over the last round was 1 in 6, 16 of these were first time applicants.
The Trust has appointed Heart of England Community Foundation to manage a fund that supports great ideas that go beyond the everyday activities of individuals and organisations. We are interested in supporting projects which deliver cultural activities in Coventry, support local individuals or organisations or develop ideas or new partnerships.
Projects that are submitted should be extraordinary ideas that go beyond the everyday, offering opportunities to engage with our local communities and ensuring maximum participation for those who do not normally engage with the arts and culture. We are looking for projects that can evidence demand and/or need; that will make a difference; that have a call to action; that are future and forward facing; that ensure Coventry’s arts and cultural offering is strengthened for 2021, with a legacy that lasts far beyond that.
There are two funding schemes available as follows:
The Get Ready Fund
Grants of up to £5,000 This development grant is specifically for emerging artists or organisations who are looking to develop their practice or business and establish themselves in Coventry.
The fund will:
• Support feasibility studies or research and development work.
• Allow organisations to develop their business plans.
• Provide support for individuals or organisations to access and engage with other work outside Coventry that will enhance their own practice and have a direct benefit to our city.
• Cover costs of training or skills building courses.
The Road to 2021 Fund
Grants of up to £5,000 for individuals Grants of up to £10,000 for organisations This grant will support early activity, development work or pilot events for projects or ideas that could be delivered by an artist or arts organisation in Coventry in 2021.
This fund is looking to support:
• New project ideas which might ultimately form part of the 2021 programme.
• New partnership projects across the sector.
• New creative activity that is not business as usual for you or your organisation, that engages with local communities and that ensures maximum participation from those who would not normally engage in arts and culture.
• Ideas which have an evidenced demand and/or need, have a community focus and a call to action and which will make a difference to the people of Coventry.
Find out more and apply here