Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Complaints about student residents in the local community

We take our role in the local community very seriously and do our very best to build partnerships and ensure our local communities share the benefits of our international reputation, global connections and world-class facilities.

We work hard, hand in hand with our Students’ Union and local partners, to help our students to understand their responsibilities as local residents and how to be a good neighbour. But we do recognise that from time to time there will be concerns and subsequent complaints from local residents.

We have developed close working relationships with Local Policing Teams in Coventry and Warwickshire and the safer communities and environmental health teams at Coventry City Council and Warwick District Council and we will continue to work hard with these partners and the local community to reduce instances of anti-social behaviour in the local area.

Who to contact when you have an issue with one of the following?

Contacting the University

Community Safety

Our Community Safety team can be contacted 24 hours a day 7 days a week if you have any concerns about campus security or noise or behaviour of individuals on campus.

Community Safety Control Centre (general enquiries) 024 7652 2083
Emergency (Security, fire, police, ambulance) 024 7652 2222
Comments or complaints about student residents in the local community

Online form

If you wish to make a complaint about the behaviour of a student in the local community then please use our online form. Please do give us as much information as possible about the incident including, if appropriate, the full address of the property at which the students live.

We'll get back to you as soon as we can but do please bear in mind that it can often take a few days to speak to all relevant departments at the University.

Please do report all incidents about noise, rubbish, anti-social behaviour, parking and other related issues to the relevant local council or police as outlined above, as you would about incidents with any other person living in the local community.

Other issues and comments
Ben Hayday, Community Engagement Team

Ben and the team are the first point of contact for residents and other people in the local community.

Contact them if you have something you'd like to discuss or find out about the University and they can help you to find the right person to talk to.

Call their Community Hotline on 024 7615 0708 or email


Ben Hayday