The Centre offers PhD supervision for a wide variety of medical humanities topics. The People page will show you some of the specialisms of our core academic staff. We are also able to draw on the expertise of staff across the History Dept and beyond.
You can see our current PhD students and their research topics here. add link
Some examples of the opportunities they have taken up and special projects they have organised are here.see my starter list...
Here are some examples of the activities undertaken by CHM's student researchers:
- Jenny Crane's visit to Yale (2nd year PhD student)
- Rebecca Noble's visit to Macquarie (3rd year PhD student)
- Tom Bray's secondment to Health Exchange in the voluntary sector
- Sophie Greenway's work at University Hospital Coventry & Warwickshire
- Fabiola Creed's secondment to the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology
- Sophie Greenway's secondment to Warwickshire Wildlife Trust
Many of our successful doctoral students have gone on to become postdoctoral research fellows, either in large projects, or with their own research projects, or taken up lectureships. Others have taken up posts in the fields of policy, advocacy, heritage, academic administration and elsewhere. add link
If you are interested in applying to join us, please see the following:
People (for supervisors)
and browse this site further to discover the range of activities undertaken by the Centre.