Learn Chinese in Warwick, Visit China during the summer!
Eligibility: Everyone learning Chinese in Warwick (both academic modules and Lifelong learning programme)
You are required to submit your feedback report online on the programme by 15 September.
Duration: 4 weeks (Group A: 1 - 26 July, 2019; Group B: 29 July - 23 August, 2019)
- Tuition: 3500 CNY per student
- Application fee: 350 CNY
- Accommodation (advance booking required): (140 CNY pppn for an ensuite single room; 240CNY pppn for a twin-bedded room)
- Cultural tours: 600 CNY (e.g. the Great Wall, Peking Opera, Acrobatics and Kungfu shows, Places of Historical Interests)
- Extracurricular Chinese culture courses (optional):
- Chinese Cultural Experience - This course includes instruction and training in such subjects as calligraphy, Chinese painting, Chinese food cooking, Chinese music, and so on, allowing students to experience Chinese culture firsthand. Tuition Fee: ￥30 per class (two classes per week; four weeks =￥240).
- Chinese Kung-Fu - Tuition Fee: ￥30 per class (two classes per week; four weeks =￥240).
Those who get the place will be notified by The Language centre and will be required to sign a letter of acceptance (by 1st May).
Beijing Normal University can have pick-up from airport if there are five more students arriving at the same time. Students themselves need to book their own air tickets and apply visa by going to the Chinese Embassy website and following the procedures listed there.
Briefings will be provided 3-5pm, 7 May, in H0.66 by Dr. Zhiyan Guo within the Language Centre for those confirmed. The basic procedures for the programme is here.
If you need more information about food allergies, this website may be able to help.
For more inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Places will be limited. Good luck!
Within the University, the International Office runs an exchange programme with Renmin University, Beijing, China. Please see more details from the link: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/international/
Nationally, the Study China programme runs for three weeks. For more details, please click here.