Sampling Sounds of Coventry's Future kicked off with an opening conversation with took place on Zoom on March 22, 2021. The launch event started with an introduction by the initiators—Noortje Marres (University of Warwick), Nirmal Puwar (Goldsmiths), and Naomi Waltham-Smith (University of Warwick)— which was followed by a roundtable of academics and artists working in various media who will share sounds, images, maps and other material forms to speak to the project’s question:
- Les Back (Professor of Sociology, Goldsmiths)
- Rhiannon Bigham (interdisciplinary artist and member of Natsu duo)
- Sarah Farmer (sound artist and musician)
- Aya Nassar (Assistant Professor in Geography, Durham University)
- Jonathan Skinner (Reader in English and Comparative Literary Studies, University of Warwick)
- Duncan Whitley (multimedia artist and Coventry Biennial Artist in Residence)
This was an engaged, informal conversation between panellists and participants from academia, arts and the public, from across Coventry, its Universities and environs.