Connecting systems, science and society through:
- a ground-breaking interdisciplinary research centre pushing the boundaries of knowledge in complexity science;
- a new generation of scientists trained by the doctoral training centre;
- the knowledge to understand, control and design complex systems;
- break-throughs in new applications of complexity science;
- the solutions to real-world problems with relevant end-user testing;
- a lively intellectual and practically based environment for complexity science.
Calibrate with Confidence: In a paper published in the Royal Society Open Science, Robert MacKay and Sarah Parker from the University of Warwick, along with Ralph Kenna and Robert Low from Coventry University, report a new mathematical tool to remove bias and and account for confidence in major assessments, such as the REF exercise.
Prof. Robert MacKay said:
“Our ambition is for our method to be adopted as a decision support tool by every panel that has to evaluate a range of objects and whose members may have different standards and expertise.”
Congratulations to all our Masters students on their graduation and good luck with their PhD research and careers!
Open Days: 5th December 2018, 30th January 2019, and 13th March 2019.