- There are 3 assessed worksheets. Each is broken down into two sections:
- Section 1: Individual questions
- Section 2 :Group questions
- The section 1 questions should be answered individually and submitted for assessment individually (note that it not meant to imply that you cannot discuss them among yourselves). They are primarily preparation work for the more substantial section 2 questions which will require more work. Therefore it will be helpful to you if you can attempt (or at least think about) the section 1 questions before the corresponding class.
- The section 2 questions should be done as groups and a single answer submitted by the group which will be marked collectively. Each worksheet covers three weeks worth of classes.
- Again, to reiterate, the fact that you are being asked to submit individual answers to the section 1 questions does not mean that you are forbidden to discuss them with your group or, indeed, with other groups!
- I expect you to work primarily on the appropriate section 2 questions during the class sessions when I will be around to help with any technical problems.
- I will provide a rough notional marking scheme for the worksheets indicating how much credit each question is worth.Each worksheet will count for equal credit. Taken together, the worksheets will count as 50% of the credit for the entire module with the viva accounting for the other 50%.
Worksheets will appear here in due course.
- Worksheet 1 (ordinary differential equations)
- Worksheet 2 (diffusion equation and Poisson equation)
- Worksheet 3 (hyperbolic equations)