In your free time
The neighborhood of the University of Warwick has many tourist attractions that you can visit during your free time before or after the summer school.
- Kenilworth has its well known castle; alas, now these are mostly ruins, but it is still a really beautiful place, worth visiting during a nice day.
- Warwick town (a few miles away from the campus) has one of the most impressive and frequently visited castles in the UK. The town has also some nice restaurants.
- Royal Leamington Spa, a fashionable town with beautiful Georgian and Victorian architecture is a few miles away from the campus and Kenilworth. They have a good selection of nice restaurants and pubs, and some night clubs.
- Stratford upon Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare and one of the main tourist attractions in United Kingdom is about 20 miles away from the campus (30 minutes by car); see also this link. One of the main attractions in the town is the famous "Shakespeare" theatre, owned by the Royal Shakespeare Company, with an outstanding program of classical performances (RSC is arguably the most famous classical theatre company in the world). Tickets can be still booked on the RSC web page.
- Cotswolds, one of the most romantic areas of UK ("one of the most 'quintessentially English' and unspoiled regions of England"), is about 20-30 miles away (south) from the campus.
- Of course, you can also travel to London ...