ESRC-Funded Students Advanced Training at University of Nottingham
ESRC-funded students with the Universities of Birmingham, Warwick, Leicester, Loughborough and Aston are welcome to join us for Advanced Training modules, free of charge.
These modules are assessed and the assessment must be taken. Marks and credits will be transferred back to your home institution.
University of Nottingham students
For Nottingham students module enrolment is to be completed via MyNottingham by the deadline provided by the University of Nottingham.
Students registered at MGS Partners (Aston, Birmingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Warwick)
Non-Nottingham students must first request a place on a module. The form to request a place will open on 1st October and close 30th November.
In December your place will be confirmed with module tutors and, if accepted, you will be invited to register with the University of Nottingham. After which you will be enrolled onto the module.
Please note that this is a multi-staged process and all steps need to be completed for you to attend the module.
Modules offered by the University of Nottingham
- Advanced Methods in Psychology (20 credits)
- Analytical Research Methods (10 credits)
- Archival Methods (10 credits)
- Children and Research (10 credits)
- Corpus Linguistics (10 credits)
- Doing Ethnography (10 credits)
- Educational Research: Purposes, Place and Policy (20 credits)
- Evaluating Interventions, Services and Health and Social Care (10 credits)
- Individual & Group Interviews (10 credits)
- Intermediate Quantitative Analysis (10 credits)
- Measurement Models (10 credits)
- Mixed Methods in Health Research (10 credits)
- Multilevel Modelling for Social Research (10 credits)
- Research Methods in Human Rights (20 credits)
- Researching Media, Culture and Society (10 credits)
- Researching Public Policy and Management (10 credits)
- Social Epidemiology: theories and methods for understanding the social determinants of health (10 credits)
- Structural Equation Modelling (10 credits)
- Systematic Reviews (10 credits)
Please note: not all modules will run each year, please check University of Nottingham Advanced Training webpage for an up to date list of available modules.