I completed my undergraduate studies at the College of Chemical Sciences, Institute of Chemistry Ceylon, Sri Lanka (2012-2015) and University of Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka (2013-2016). Upon completion of my degrees, I worked as a teaching assistant in the College of Chemical Sciences and as a demonstrator in Open University, Sri Lanka for a period of 1.5 years. Meanwhile, I was qualified with a postgraduate diploma in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Colombo. I was awarded a prestigious Chancellor’s International Scholarship from the University of Warwick to join as a PhD student in 2017.
At present, I am studying for a PhD with Dr. Ross Hatton (graduating in 2021) where my research project is mainly based on lead-free perovskite photovoltaics. The study is focused on developing new materials & device architectures for stabilizing tin perovskite photovoltaics.
1. Enhanced Stability of Tin Halide Perovskite Photovoltaics Using a Bathocuproine—Copper Top Electrode, Anjana Wijesekara, Marc Walker, Yisong Han, David Walker, Steven Huband, Ross Hatton, Advanced Energy Materials, 2021
2. A Microcontact Printed Nickel-Passivated Copper Grid Electrode for Perovskite Photovoltaics, Anjana Wijesekara, Marc Walker, Yisong Han, Ross Hatton, ACS Applied Energy Materials, 2021
3. Assessing the suitability of copper thiocyanate as a hole-transport layer in inverted CsSnI3 perovskite photovoltaics, Anjana Wijesekara, Silvia Varagnolo, G. Dinesha M. R. Dabera, Kenneth P. Marshall, H. Jessica Pereira & Ross A. Hatton Scientific Reports (2018) 8:15722.
4. Cs1−xRbxSnI3 light harvesting semiconductors for perovskite photovoltaics, Kenneth P. Marshall, Shuxia Tao, Marc Walker, Daniel S. Cook, James Lloyd-Hughes, Silvia Varagnolo, Anjana Wijesekara, David Walker, Richard I. Walton and Ross A. Hatton*, Material Chemistry Frontiers, 2018, DOI: 10.1039/C8QM00159F
5. Efficient Intraband Hot Carrier Relaxation in the Perovskite Semiconductor Cs1-xRbxSnI3 Mediated by Strong Electron-Phonon Coupling, M. Monti, S. Tao, M. Staniforth, A. Crocker, E. Griffin, A. Wijesekara, R. A. Hatton, J. Lloyd-Hughes*, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.8b07792.