- Understanding the science that underpins the process of charge carrier extraction at electrode-organic semiconductor interfaces.
- The development of novel transparent electrodes for emerging thin-film photovoltaics (organic & perovskite) that offer enhanced functionality as compared to conventional metal grid electrodes and transparent conducting oxides.
- The development of lead-free perovskites for photovoltaic applications.
Groups at Warwick
- 2020 Professor Physical Chemistry
- 2019 Reader Physical Chemistry
- 2015 EPSRC Early Career Research Fellowship (Click for Fellows Gallery), University of Warwick.
- 2013 Associate Professor, University of Warwick.
- 2009 Assistant Professor (Physical Chemistry) University of Warwick.
- 2007 Royal Academy of Engineering/EPSRC Research Fellowship (2007-12).
- 2004 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department Electrical & Electronic Engineering, University of Surrey.
- 2003 PhD, University of Nottingham (Physical Chemistry).
I am working on the following projects at the moment:
- Project number 1
- Project number 2
- Project number 3
I am currently interested in understanding the science that underpins the process of charge carrier extraction at electrode-semiconductor (organic and perovskite) interfaces; development of novel window electrodes for photovoltaics that offer enhanced functionality as compared to conventional metal grid electrodes and transparent conducting oxides; and development of lead-free perovskites and new organic semiconductors for photovoltaic applications.
Ross teaches on teh undergraduate modules: CH3F7 Energy and CH406 Electrochemistry and Nanotechnology (2019/20)
1. An electrode design rule for organic photovoltaics elucidated using a low surface area electrode, G. D. M. R. Dabera, J. Lee, R. A. Hatton, Advanced Functional Materials (2019) Advance article
2. Fabrication of Copper Window Electrodes with 108 Apertures cm2 for Organic Photovoltaics, H. J. Pereira, J. Reed, J. Lee, S. Varagnolo, G. D. M. R. Dabera, R. A. Hatton*, Advanced Functional Materials (2018) 180289.
3. Selective deposition of silver and copper films by condensation coefficient modulation, S. Varagnolo, J. Lee, H. Amari, R. A. Hatton, Materials Horizons, 2019, Advance article.
4. Retarding oxidation of copper nanoparticles without electrical isolation and the size dependence of work function, G Dinesha M R Dabera, Marc Walker, Ana M Sanchez, H. Jessica Pereira, Richard Beanland and Ross A Hatton Nature Communications (2017) DOI: 10.1038/s41467-017-01735-6 (open access)
5. Enhanced Stability and Efficiency in hole-transport-layer-free CsSnI3 perovskite photovoltaics, K. Marshall, M. Walker, R. I. Walton, R. A. Hatton, Nature Energy 1 (2016) 16178.