Chemical Engineer wiht a PhD in Chemistry from The University of Warwick in the FTICR Mass Spectrometry Group. My research work was focused on glycation binding site in proteins and peptides for in-vitro and in-vivo samples, by a Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Mass Spectrometer.
BSc. in Chemical Engineering at the Universidad Nacional de Colombia with five years of experience as Professional Analyst in an analytical laboratory, NUTRIANALISIS LTDA. The experience and skills obtained allow me to work as a free-lance consultant and inspector for SGS (Société Générale de Surveillance-Colombia) between 2005 to 2008, later I became qualified as auditor and instructor for laboratory QC requirements under ISO/IEC 17025, and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) as well as for requirements under ISO/IEC 17024.
My Doctoral Formation Project
Year Started: 2009
Funding: Chemistry Department, University of Warwick, UK
- Lopez-Clavijo, A. F.; Barrow, M. P.; Rabbani, N.; Thornalley, P. J.; O'Connor, P. B. Determination of types and binding sites of Advanced Glycation Endproducts for Substance P. Analytical Chemistry. 2012 (84): 10568-10575.
- Lopez-Clavijo, A. F.; Duque-Daza, C. A.; P. J.; O'Connor, P. B. Tandem mass spectrometry for the study of glyoxal-derived advanced glycation end-products (AGEs) in peptides. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 01/2014 28(1):25-32.
- Lopez-Clavijo, A. F.; Barrow, M. P.; Kilgour, D.; Rabbani, N.; Thornalley, P. J.; O'Connor, P. B. Study of an Unusual Advanced Glycation End-product (AGE) Derived from Glyoxal using Mass Spectrometry. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, Jan 2014.
- Lopez-Clavijo, A. F.; Duque-Daza, C. A.; Soulby, A.; P. J.; O'Connor, P. B. Unexpected Crosslinking and Diglycation as Advanced Glycation End-products (AGEs). Submitted. 2013.
- Lopez-Clavijo, A. F.; Duque-Daza, C. A.; P. J.; O'Connor, P. B. A decade of electron capture dissociation. Submitted. 2013.
- Wills, Rebecca H.; Habtemariam, Abraha; Lopez-Clavijo, Andrea F.; Mark P. Barrow, Peter J. Sadler, Peter B. O’Connor. Insights into the Binding Sites of Organometallic Ruthenium Anticancer Compounds on Peptides Using Ultra-High Resolution Mass Spectrometry. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, Feb 2014.
Warwick-Santander Universities Agreement: Latin America Collaboration Awards, Santander Research Grant Fund. Coventry, UK. December 2010
To acces my CV please, click here
Some useful links...
Representative methods for sequence database searches
Andrea F. Lopez Clavijo
Type the first two or three letters of what you're looking for and we'll offer some suggestions.
Web site search