Stefan Roesner received his Diploma in chemistry from Philipps-University Marburg, Germany in 2010. He moved to the UK and completed a PhD in organic chemistry with Prof. Varinder Aggarwal at the University of Bristol in 2014. After postdoctoral studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology under the supervision of Prof. Stephen Buchwald he returned in 2016 to the UK to become Senior Research Fellow in the Shipman group.
Email: S dot Roesner at warwick dot ac dot uk
Phone: +44(0)24 76 522758
• A. Noble, S. Roesner, V. K. Aggarwal, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 15920; Angew. Chem. 2016, 128, 16152. ‘Short Enantioselective Total Synthesis of Tatanan A and 3-epi-Tatanan A Using Assembly-Line Synthesis’. [Abstract]
• S. Roesner, S. L. Buchwald, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 10463; Angew. Chem. 2016, 128, 10619. ‘Continuous-Flow Synthesis of Biaryls by Negishi Cross-Coupling of Fluoro- and Trifluoromethyl-Substituted (Hetero)arenes’. [Abstract]
• S. Roesner, D. J. Blair, V. K. Aggarwal, Chem. Sci. 2015, 6, 3718. ‘Enantioselective Installation of Adjacent Tertiary Benzylic Stereocentres by Using Lithiation–Borylation–Protodeboronation Methodology. Application to the Synthesis of Bifluranol and Fluorohexestrol’. [Abstract]
• S. Roesner, C. A. Brown, M. Mohiti, A. P. Pulis, R. Rasappan, D. J. Blair, S. Essafi, D. Leonori, V. K. Aggarwal, Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 4053. ‘Stereospecific Conversion of Alcohols into Pinacol Boronic Esters Using Lithiation‒Borylation Methodology with Pinacolborane’. [Abstract]
• S. Roesner, V. K. Aggarwal, Can. J. Chem. 2012, 90, 965. ‘Enantioselective Synthesis of (R)-Tolterodine Using Lithiation/Borylation Methodology’. [Abstract]
• S. Roesner, V. K. Aggarwal, Nature 2012, 487, 48. ‘Organic Chemistry ‒ Reactions at the End of a Tether’. ‘News and Views’ article.
• S. Roesner, J. M. Casatejada, T. G. Elford, R. P. Sonawane, V. K. Aggarwal, Org. Lett. 2011, 13, 5740. ‘Enantioselective Syntheses of (+)-Sertraline and (+)-Indatraline Using Lithiation/Borylation Methodology’. [Abstract]
• S. Roesner, G. Hilt, Synthesis 2011, 662. ‘Substrate-Controlled Regioselective Cobalt(I)-Catalysed 1,4-Hydrovinylation Reactions’. [Abstract]
• L. Kersten, S. Roesner, G. Hilt, Org. Lett. 2010, 12, 4920. ‘Synthesis and Characterization of Polycarbonyl Compounds via their BF2-Adducts’. [Abstract]