Welcome to my Warwick webpage!
BSc (Hons) Mathematics, University of Warwick (2013 - 2016) Upper Second Class
- MSc Molecular Analytical Science, University of Warwick (2016 - 2017) Pass with Distinction
Ultrafast Laser Spectroscopy for Sunscreen Applications
More information about my PhD project can be found on my Stavros group webpage.
- E.L. Holt and V. G. Stavros, Applications of ultrafast spectroscopy to sunscreen development, from first principles to complex mixtures, Int. Rev. Phys. Chem, 2019, 2, 242-285. doi: 10.1080/0144235X.2019.1663062
- M.D. Horbury, E.L. Holt, L.M.M. Mouterde, P. Balaguer, J. Cebrián, L. Blasco, F. Allais and V. G. Stavros, Towards symmetry driven and nature inspired UV filter design, Nat. Commun., 2019, 10, 4748. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-12719-z
- E.L. Holt, K.M. Krokidi, M.A.P. Turner, P. Mishra, T.S. Zwier, N.d.N. Rodrigues, V.G. Stavros, Insights into the photoprotection mechanism of the UV filter homosalate, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2020, 22, 15509-15519, doi: 10.1039/d0cp02610g
- Australian Society of Cosmetic Chemists: Canberra, Australia, 16th - 18th May 2018
I presented a 30-minute talk on paper on “Laser Spectroscopy for Suncare Applications: Tracking the Photostability of Avobenzone in Real-time” and wrote a corresponding paper. I was the winner of the Lester Conrad Award, which is awarded for the best paper presented at the conference.
- International Federation of Societies of Cosmetic Chemists: Munich, Germany, 18th - 21st September 2018
At this conference, I had a 30-minute podium presentation on my avobenzone studies to date and submitted a corresponding paper.
- I attend the biannual University Contacts Meeting at the Lubrizol site at Hazelwood, Derbyshire and give a 30-minute presentation at each meeting. Each year, I also present a poster on my work and the benefits that this has for Lubrizol.