University of Birmingham, MSci. Chemistry, 2012-2016
Classification: 1st Class (Hons)
Overview of studies and achievements:
- Took modules covering Physical, Inorganic, Organic, Analytical, and Bioorganic chemistry and Spectroscopy.
- Achieved high marks in all 4 years of my degree.
- Regularly completed lab work both in small groups and individually. Successfully performed the tasks set with appropriate precision and accuracy, using my initiative to change the method and overcome problems if they arose. Gained skills in recording, reporting and organisation through keeping a lab look. Acquired skills in time management and efficiency by having to work to tight deadlines.
- Excelled in data analysis, team work and written coursework.
- Obtained a high grade on my final year research project, showing initiative and working both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Gained a mark of 80% in a scientific communication module which involved working as part of a team to make and edit a video and literature piece explaining hydrogen storage techniques to a non-scientific audience.
- Treasurer, Birmingham University Scouts and Guides (2014-2015)
- Careers Representative, ChemSoc (2014-2015)
- Vice President, University of Birmingham Doctor Who Society (2015-2016)
I also took evening classes in German language (2015) and was part of the Salsa dancing society, Dance Club Latino.