Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Funding and fees

Funding information for UK, EU and Overseas (Non-European Union) applicants is shown below.

UK and EU Students

A number of fully-funded EPRSC studentships are available for UK applicants for 2017/18, this includes:

  • Payment of academic fees
  • Maintenance stipend (approx £14,000 tax-free for full-time award holders)

The package includes access to all the facilities you will need, office and laboratory space and a generous expenses package.

There are also a limited number of spaces for EU students.


Normally, to be eligible for a full award a student must have no restrictions on how long they can stay in the UK and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the start of the studentship (with some further constraint regarding residence for education).

For further information regarding residence requirements, please see the regulations. These include further information, for example about refugees, migrant workers, residence for education and EEA nationals.

EU students are only eligible for full EPSRC scholarships if they have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years. However, there are also a limited number of stipends that will cover the cost of your tuition fees. Please contact us to see if you are eligible.

Also see the Warwick Graduate School and the European Scholarship Database for further funding opportunities.

Overseas Application (Non-European Union)

MAS CDT has no funding for tuition fees or stipends from Research Councils (i.e. EPSRC, BBSRC, etc) for overseas students.

Overseas students can apply for one of the grants available from the British Council or from the International Office at Warwick.

Also see Warwick Postgraduate Research Fellowship and the European Scholarship Database.

Funding may also be available through International Government schemes, and through the Ministry of Education. For most of the scholarships one would have to apply at least 6 months in advance. This means you might have to fund yourself at least for the first year.