Research: I am a third-year PhD student in dynamical systems, under the supervision of Prof. Robert MacKay. I am interested in qualitative theory of vectorfields in dimension two, dynamics on networks and network decompositions.
- Claude Baesens, Marc Homs-Dones, Robert S. MacKay. "Example of simplest bifurcation diagram for a monotone family of vector fields on a torus." arXiv:2207.04031.
- Homs-Dones, M., Devriendt, K., Lambiotte, L. "Nonlinear consensus on networks: equilibria, effective resistance and trees of motifs." SIAM J. Appl. Dyn. Syst., 20, (2021), 1544–1570. doi: 10.1137/20M1376844Link opens in a new window.
- Homs-Dones, Marc. "A generalization of the Babbage functional equation." Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems - A, 41, (2021), 899-919. doi: 10.3934/dcds.2020303.
- September 2022. New Trends on bifurcations in ordinary differential equations, Centre de Recerca Matemàtica. Contributed talk: Simplest bifurcation diagram of vector fields on a torus.
- July 2022. Equadiff 15, Masaryk University.
Contributed talk: Simplest bifurcation diagram of vector fields on a torus.
- July 2021. British Early Career Mathematicians' Colloquium, University of Birmingham (online).
Contributed talk: Iterative periodic functions and their generalisation.
- June 2021. Dynamics and motifs (DynaMo), satellite of Networks 2021.
Contributed talk: Nonlinear consensus on networks: equilibria, effective resistance and trees of motifs.
- June 2021. Young Researchers in Mathematics (YRM), University of Bristol (online).
Contributed talk: Nonlinear consensus dynamics on networks.
Teaching: I am the TA for MA4H0 Applied Dynamical Systems and MA259 Multivariable Calculus. I have also been the TA for MA254 Theory of ODEs, as well as provide supervisions for 1st-year undergraduate students in Mathematics.
Education: I did my master's at the University of Oxford, and my undergraduate studies at the Autonomous University of Barcelona.