- Applied maths, with a particular focus on micromechanics of materials.
- Analysis of PDE and the Calculus of Variations.
- Scaling limits, thermodynamic limits, and discrete-to-continuum limit processes.
Recent grants: Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship, 2016-2019.
Teaching Responsibilities 2020/21:
- Term 1: MA133 Differential Equations
- Term 2: MA134 Geometry and Motion, PX914 Predictive Modelling and Uncertainty Quantification
- PhD supervision for students at the HetSys Doctoral Training Centre.
- Tutorials for Y2 students.
Administrative Responsibilities 2020/21:
- Co-chair of Departmental Early Career Comittee.
- Member of Departmental Athena SWAN committee
- ED&I and Wellbeing Champion
- Member of HetSys Core Team
For further details, please see my personal homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/thudso/