Dr Thomas Hudson
For more details about me, please see my personal homepage.
If you are interested in PhD opportunities, feel free to get in touch.
- Applied maths, with a particular focus on micromechanics of materials.
- Analysis of PDE and the Calculus of Variations.
- Various asymptotic methods, including scaling limits, thermodynamic limits, discrete-to-continuum limit processes, homogenisation, coarse-graining, averaging...
- Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship, 2016-2019.
- FSMP Postdoctoral fellowship, 2014-2016.
Teaching Responsibilities 2022/23:
- Term 1: MA4J1/MA6J1 Continuum Mechanics
- Term 2: MA145 Mathematical Methods and Modelling 2, PX914 Predictive Modelling and Uncertainty Quantification
- PhD supervision for students in the Maths CDT and HetSys.
- NB: I will be on leave and travelling during Term 3.
Administrative Responsibilities 2022/23:
- Member of HetSys Core Team
- Co-chair of Departmental Early Career Committee
- Member of Departmental Athena SWAN Committee
- ED&I and Wellbeing Champion