I am currently a first year PhD student working in low-dimensional topology under the supervision of Dr Saul Schleimer.
Below you can find more information about my education, preprints and some workshops/conferences I attended.
You can get in contact with me via .
- A. Parlak, M. Stukow. Roots of crosscap slides and crosscap transpositions.
Periodica Mathematica Hungarica (2017), Vol. 75, Issue 2, pp 413 – 419.
- A. Parlak, M. Stukow. Roots of Dehn twists on nonorientable surfaces.
2015 – 2017 mathematics, MSc; University of Gdańsk, Poland
Master’s Thesis: Roots in the mapping class group of a nonorientable surface
Supervisor: dr hab. Michał Stukow
2012 – 2015 mathematics, BSc; University of Gdańsk, Poland
Bachelor’s Thesis: Relations between knots and planar graphs: Tait’s constructions, Fox colourings and quandles
Supervisor: dr hab., prof. UG Witold Rosicki
2010 - 2013 biotechnology, BSc; University of Gdańsk & Gdańsk Medical University, Poland
Final Project: Phosphorylation-induced conformational changes of tau protein
Tutor: dr hab., prof. UG Stanisław Ołdziej
CONFERENCES, SUMMER SCHOOLS AND WORKSHOPS
- Warwick EPSRC Symposium on Geometry, Topology and Dynamics in Low Dimensions; Coventry, UK, September 2017 – July 2018.
- Young Topologists Meeting 2017; Stockholm, Sweden, July 2017.
Talk: Roots in the mapping class group of a nonorientable surface
- The 19th International Workshop for Young Mathematicians - Algebraic Geometry; Kraków, Poland, September 2016.
Talk: Automorphisms Groups of Hyperelliptic Riemann Surfaces
- Scuola Matematica Interuniversitaria; Perugia, Italy, August - September 2016.
- Central European University Summer University: Low Dimensional Topology; Budapest, Hungary, July 2016.
- XIII Workshop for Mathematical Students' Associations; Hel, Poland, May 2016.
Talk: Classification of finite subgroups of the mapping class group of a punctured sphere
- 18th Andrzej Jankowski Memorial Lecture Mini Conference; Gdańsk, Poland, May 2016.
Talk: Roots of crosscap slides and crosscap transpositions
- The 18th International Workshop for Young Mathematicians - Algebraic and Differential Topology; Kraków, Poland, September 2015.
Talk: Some Remarks on Quandles and Their Applications