Born in Geneva, I grew up in a small French village next to the Swiss border (I am binational). I obtained my Master's degree from the Chair of Algebraic Geometry at EPFL under the supervision of Javier Carvajal-Rojas. Before this, I got my Bachelor's degree at EPFL. I am currently a first year Ph.D. student at the University of Warwick interested in algebraic geometry.
Le Mont Blanc. Prior to coming to England, I used to trail run in Haute-Savoie and enjoy this kind of stunning panoramas!
Contact: arnaud (dot) vilpert (at) warwick.ac.uk
- Singularities of determinantal pure pairs, with Javier Carvajal-Rojas, Bollettino dell'Unione Matematica Italiana, available here or here.
- An algorithm relying on Gröbner bases to compute the Galois group of irreducible rational polynomials, Bachelor project, supervised by Friedrich Eisenbrand.
- Singularities of determinantal pairs, Master thesis, supervised by Javier Carvajal-Rojas.
- November 2022: Resonance, topological invariants of groups, moduli, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
I play chess quite often with the following openings:
- King's Gambit with white pieces (please do not try this at home!)
- King's Indian Defence with black pieces.
My Erdős number is at most five as proved below: