I am a first-year PhD student in the Mathematics for Real-World Systems CDT. I am interested in how human behaviour influences pathogen dynamics during disease outbreaks.
- Behavioural epidemiology
- Mathematical modelling of disease
- Infectious disease interventions
- Pathogen dynamics
- Plant pathology
- Chaulagain B, Contina JB, Mills K, Seibel RL Mundt CC. (2022). Comparing the efficacy of control strategies for infectious disease outbreaks using field and simulation studies. Ecological Applications 32:e2631 https://doi.org/10.1002/eap.2631.
- Behavioural epidemiology: I recently completed my MSc Individual Project on Unifying real-time information awareness and infectious disease models with supervisors Dr Ed Hill and Professor Mike Tildesley (2022).
- Modelling COVID-19: In a group project, I worked on modelling SARS-CoV-2 in university settings with supervisor Professor Mike Tildesley (2022).
- Zoonotic disease: I collaborated with Professor Mike Tildesley on modelling density-based intervention strategies in foot-and-mouth disease (2019-2021).
Plant pathology: I worked with Professor Christopher Mundt at Oregon State University on modelling wheat stripe rust dynamics in Oregon (2019-2021).
- Plant metapopulation structure: With Dr Carrie Wu at the University of Richmond, I studied the metapopulation structure of Mimulus tilingii in Colorado, USA (2017-2019).
- Healthcare epidemiology: With Dr Lester Caudill at the University of Richmond, I investigated the bacterial dynamics of Clostridioides difficile in the human colon (2016-2019).
- MSc in Mathematics of Systems. University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom (September 2021 - September 2022).
- BSc in Biology with minors in Mathematics and Music. University of Richmond, Virginia, USA (August 2015 - May 2019).