Applications are invited from eligible postgraduate and early career researchers for funding to mitigate the effects of the current pandemic on their research activities. This funding call is available to anyone within the University, including the humanities and social sciences, providing their research falls under the general Health and Medicine remit of the Wellcome Trust. Applications will be considered on a competitive basis by the CRHMR Grant Committee. Funding is available for up to 4 months for postgraduate students, and up to 6 months for early career researchers.
Deadline for the current round: 1 July 2021
For enquiries, please contact Mohan Balasubramanian or John James at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must be UoW postgraduate researchers, or principal investigators applying on behalf of a named ECR or technician.
- Applicants must clearly indicate how the current pandemic has directly affected their ability to complete their current research work.
- For PGRs, details should be provided for how the requested extension will be used to complete their PhD work. Of note, funds will not be provided to simply complete thesis writing.
- For ECRs/technicians, details should be provided for how the requested extension will be used to complete an advanced piece of research that is close to the submission stage. Of note, funds will not be provided to initiate new lines of research.
- Covid relief funds can only be used to cover stipends and/or consumables (PGRs) or salary (ECR/technicians).
- The following criteria will be used when considering projects:
• Acute need for an extension directly due to current pandemic
• The feasibility of completing thesis or postdoctoral work within the timeframe of the funding
- Recipients of the Covid relief funding will be notified in mid August, with an expected start date on or after 1st October 2021.
- Recipients must complete all required progress reports (currently at end of project) and acknowledge QBP funding in all publications arising from the work.
- Applications should show support from their host Department in the form of a contribution ~ 15% contribution value of the project. SLS and WMS applicants need not show matched contributions, as this has been agreed with the Department Heads.
Student awards will be capped at £7K and ECR awards will be capped at £25K, but we request researchers seek what is needed to deliver the work.
- In the case of PhD student awards, it is the responsibility of the student and their supervisors to make sure all Graduate College rules are followed, when accepting this award.
For ECR award applications, please submit an attachment of two pages with an abstract of the output to be completed and at least 3-4 figures with legends. Please use 11-pt font and 2 cm margins (as in other UKRI applications).
This form is closed and is no longer accepting any submissions. Thank you for your time.