The SuperB Physics Workshop will take place in the Physics Department of the University of Warwick. This is building number 43 on the map of the central campus. The nearest car parks are numbers 9, 10 and 15 and entry is easiest through the Physical Sciences building, number 42 (go up the stairs and over the bridge).
Plenary sessions will be in the Physics Lecture Theatre (PLT), which is in the Physics Department and may be reached from the "Concourse" which joins the Physics and Chemistry buildings (building 11) at level 3. Signs will be in place.
Parallel sessions will take place in several rooms of the Physics and Chemistry Departments: PLT (see above), 520A and 520B, on the 5th floor of the Physics Department, "207/208" and "213/214" off the concourse. Signs will be in place.
How to Find Us
Coming from abroad, the most convenient airports are
- Birmingham @ ~25' by taxi (~40 Eu.). Or (cheaper) take the monorail to Birmingham International train station, then the train to Coventry (10'), then 10'-15' by taxi from the station to the University (~12 Eu. in total).
- Luton This is the second-best airport to use @ ~2 hours by bus, train and taxi. Take the Virgin bus from the airport to Milton Keynes Station (55'). From there, take the train to Coventry (30'). It is 10'-15' by taxi from the station to the University.
- East Midlands @ ~2.5 hours by bus, train and taxi. Take the skylink bus to Derby station (30'). From there, get a train to Coventry (80'-100'). You need to change at Birmingham New Street. It is 10'-15' by taxi from the station to the University.
- Heathrow @ ~2.5 hours by train and taxi. Take the Heatrow express (train) to Paddington Station (15'). Then take the London Underground (Circle or Hammersmith and City line) to Euston Square station (15'). Walk one block East to Euston Station and take train direct to Coventry (59'). It is 10'-15' by taxi from the station to the University.
- Gatwick @ ~3 hours by train and taxi. Take Gatwick Express (train) from airport to Victoria Station (40'). Take London Underground (Victoria Line) from there to Euston Station (40'). Then take train direct to Coventry (59'). It is 10'-15' by taxi from the station to the University.
It is important to note that Warwick University is actually closer to the City of Coventry than to Warwick. Coventry station is the nearest mainline railway station, and the Campus is about 10 minutes by taxi from there. Exhaustive directions within the UK can be found on the main visitor information page of the University.