ATI Symposium on Reproducibility, Sustainability and Preservation
Event open to researchers and staff of the ATI joint venture partners and by invitation to participants from other universities and organisations.
This symposium will discuss the challenges around reproducibility and sustainability of data-intensive research outputs, across the disciplines of focus of the ATI. Reproducibility is both a technical and a socio-cultural issue, requiring new metadata systems, technical architectures, workflows and research working practices in an increasingly open and transparent environment. One area of emphasis will be the ATI’s own outputs, which will include algorithms, computations, data and code.
The workshop will convene an interdisciplinary group of researchers and data scientists to discuss these challenges in sectors in which the ATI intends to have greatest impact, for example in health, medicine, bioscience, urban environments, finance, transport, social sciences and digital media. As well as researchers from the ATI community, the symposium will coalesce a broad spectrum of UK and international stakeholders from institutions such as the Digital Curation Centre and the Software Sustainability Institute; and from publishers and data repositories. Our objective is to crystallise research challenges, to understand implementation issues, foster knowledge exchange and to maximise downstream impact.
Key topics to be addressed will include:
- Reproducibility for big data, real-time data
- Role of data provenance in supporting reproducibility
- Soundness of computational models
- Cloud technologies, intensive computation and engagement with service providers
- Data curation, management and archiving; software sustainability and digital preservation in a data science context
- Data citation, re-use and methods of attribution for derived data
- Data openness and transparency, privacy and confidentiality issues.
This event is funded by the Alan Turing Institute, and generously sponsored by Oxford University Press.
For further information please contact Lucie Burgess, via her PA at firstname.lastname@example.org.