Department Education Studies
Level Taught Postgraduate Level
Module leader Dr Ponto Moorosi
Credit value 30
Module duration 10 weeks
Assessment 100% coursework
Study location University of Warwick main campus, Coventry
This module addresses themes in educational leadership and management and aims to develop your confidence and effectiveness in the area. In particular, you will focus on the development and implementation of policy, scrutinising and progressing your own capacity to lead and manage strategically, including how to deploy resources effectively and efficiently..
Principal Module Aims and Outcomes
To contribute to an understanding of relevant policy contexts, and to develop participants’ capacity to lead and manage strategically and deploy resources effectively and efficiently.
This is an indicative module outline only to give an indication of the sort of topics that may be covered. Actual sessions held may differ.
- Needs analysis; policy contexts; policy-making as a process; policy analysis.
- Policy, strategy, and policies; levels of strategy; models for strategic management and strategic planning; strategy and development planning.
- Policy analysis and strategic analysis for participants’ work contexts: practical activity.
- Strategic choices for participants’ work contexts: practical activity.
- Strategic implementation; linking goals and resources; effectiveness, efficiency, economy
- Site-based management and its implications for educational quality in different contexts.
- The resource management cycle, management control.
- Management of premises, learning resources, and time.
|Lectures||10 sessions of 1 hours (3%)|
|Seminars||10 sessions of 2 hour (7%)|
|Private study||170 hours (57%)|
This is an optional module for MA Education, MA Childhood in Society, MA Drama and Theatre Education, MA Educational Innovation, MA Educational Leadership and Management, MA Islamic Education: Theory and Practice, MA Global Education and International Development and MA Psychology and Education.