My academic work is focused on the topics of education, ethnicity, diversity, and participant perspectives. I have done work on the causes of drop-out in Nicaraguan primary schools and explored the schooling experiences and life projects of migrant and minority ethnic youth in England and Spain. In addition, I have worked to facilitate the involvement of patients and carers in health teaching and research through organisation and training.
I am a social scientist with an MA degree in Anthropology from the University of Copenhagen and a PhD in Ethnic Relations (with specialism in Education) from the University of Warwick. I am trained in qualitative methods and have a track record of doing ethnographic research in educational settings, including Nicaragua, Spain and the UK. I teach in the areas of childhood in national and global contexts, international education, children's participation, user-involvement, and qualitative methods. My work also links more broadly to the areas of inclusion, participation, and community development. My most recent research project explores the empowerment of Danish cancer patients in follow up and my main role on the project is to facilitate user-involvement and conduct qualitative analysis.
- Jørgensen, Clara Rübner, Weckesser, Annalise, Turner, Jerome, Wade, Alex, 2018. Young people's views on sexting education and support needs : findings and recommendations from a UK-based study. Sex Education
- Jørgensen, Clara Rübner, 2017. The problem is that I don't know? - Agency and life projects of transnational migrant children and young people in England and Spain. Childhood, 24 (1), pp. 21-25
- Jørgensen, Clara Rübner, 2017. Peer social capital and networks of migrants and minority ethnic youth in England and Spain. British Journal of Sociology of Education, 38 (4), pp. 566-580
- Joergensen, Clara Rübner, 2015. Three advantages of cross-national comparative ethnography - methodological reflections from a study of migrants and minority ethnic youth in English and Spanish schools. Ethnography and Education, 10 (1), pp. 1-16
- Joergensen, Clara Rübner, 2005. Forklædte Penge - en diskussion af brugerbetaling i en gratis nicaraguansk folkeskole. Journal of Anthropology
- Joergensen, Clara Rübner, 2011. Schooling and life projects : experiences and perspectives of migrant and minority ethnic youth in England and Spain.
- Joergensen, Clara Rübner, 2009. Review of Racism : a beginner's guide, by Lentin, A.. Ethnic and Racial Studies, Routledge Journals, Taylor & Francis Ltd, pp. 1496-1497
|Title||Funder||Award start||Award end|
|What are the patient empowering needs of cancer patients post-treatment? A mixed method study involving patient representatives as steering group members and co-researchers||Danish Cancer Society||01 Jan 2015||31 Dec 2017|