Helping Warwick staff and students resolve conflict and repair relationships.
- How to manage conflict
- How to live together
- Housemates agreement template
- How to disagree well
- Avoiding workplace conflict (Moodle course)
Why Warwick Mediation?
Our trained, impartial peer mediators can help faciliate difficult conversations in a safe, non-judgemental space.
This process is voluntary, and the outcome is decided solely by yourself and others involved.
Our service is free and confidential.
All meetings are online,
What is mediation?
Mediation allows you to have difficult conversations in a safe environment with a trained impartial mediator. They will facilitate the discussion to help everyone involved to listen to each other and support you as you identify areas of commonality and difference.
The mediator will not solve the problem for you, instead they will help you to analyse the problem, decide what you want to achieve and come to a mutually agreed solution.
We have trained Staff and Student Mediators offering the service as Peer Support.
- If you would lke to speak about mediation for staff, contact us using this form.
- If you would lke to speak about mediation for students, contact us using this form.
When can mediation help?
- You are experiencing conflict with your housemates (take a look at our advice on How to Live Together)
- You feel that you are unable to communicate your problems to someone but you need to feel listened to and understood
- Conflict has arisen which you have tried to resolve but now feel that you do not have the ability to work things out on your own
- You are keen to try and find some sort of resolution that all parties can live with
- You want to avoid taking out a formal complaint
HOW IT WORKS
First complete our Mediation Support Request Form. Your case will then be assigned to a peer mediator who will be in touch to organise an initial informal online 1:1 discussion with you.
They will discuss the issues with you, how conflict resolution can help and what the next steps will be, including the process of involving the other party and arranging a group meeting.
We aim to respond to all requests within three working days.
Mediations involving staff will be managed by staff peer mediators only. Mediations involving students will be managed by student peer mediations, who on occasion may be accompanied by staff mediators.