Step 1: Download and install the Kyocera driver package
- Download the driver package by clicking the image below. Once the download is finished run and complete the wizard.
|For Mac OS 10.5 - 10.8 download this||For Mac OS 10.8 or higher download this|
|Mac OS 10.5||Mac OS 10.8|
Step 2: Add printer
In System Preferences select Printers & Scanners
- Select the + sign in the window and then select Add printer
- When you are presented with the screen below and Advanced icon is missing, hold the Ctrl key and select the Default icon - Customize Toolbar...
- Drag the Advanced icon to the toolbar and click done
- 1&2: Select the advanced icon and then use the dropdown box to select Windows printer via spools
- 3: In the URL copy/paste smb://126.96.36.199/Staff-Pull-Queue
- 4: Give it a meaningful name, e.g. WBS Staff Printer
- 5: Use the drop down and choose Select Software
- If step 1 was completed you will find a list of drivers for the Kyocera printers,
use the Search box to filter on printer model 5551 and select Kyocera TASKalfa 5551ci (KPDL)
- Select OK and then Add, you will then be presented with the following screen to add the correct Paper feeders and Document finisher
- If you are prompted for a username when printing enter wbsdom\your wbs username [and tick Remember this password in my keychain]
- You will now have a working printer. If you get stuck please help at wbs dot ac dot uk.