Step 1: Find the name of the printer you wish to install
FOR PRINT RELEASE: printer name = Staff-Pull-Queue and go to Step 2
Click on the following link, when you are asked to authenticate use your WBS username and password, you will then be able to scroll down the page and find the name of the printer you wish to install, you will need this information later.
Step 2: Download and install the Kyocera driver package
- Download the driver package by clicking the image below. Once the download is finished run and complete the wizard.
|For Mac OS 10.5 - 10.8 download this||For Mac OS 10.8 or higher download this|
|Mac OS 10.5||Mac OS 10.8|
Step 3: Add printer
In System Preferences select Printers & Scanners
- Select the + sign in the window and then select Add printer
- When you are presented with the screen below and Advanced icon is missing, hold the Ctrl key and select the Default icon - Customize Toolbar...
- Drag the Advanced icon to the toolbar and click done
- 1&2: Select the advanced icon and then use the dropdown box to select Windows printer via spools
- 3: In the URL: box type smb://184.108.40.206/your groups printer (this is the name you found in step 1)
- For Staff-Pull-Queue, copy/paste smb://220.127.116.11/Staff-Pull-Queue
- 4: Give it a meaningful name
- 5: Use the drop down and choose Select software
- If step 2 was completed you will find a list of drivers for the Kyocera printers, select the one that matches the model number in the printer queue.
- For Staff-Pull-Queue select Kyocera TASKalfa 5551ci (KPDL)
- Select OK and then Add, you will then be presented with the following screen to add the Cassettes and finisher (NB select 4000-Sheet Finisher)
- If you are prompted for a username when printing enter wbsdom\your wbs username [and tick Remember this password in my keychain]
- You will now have a working printer. If you get stuck please help at wbs dot ac dot uk.