The following A-Z guide will direct you to the relevant pages on the WBS Solutions or other websites. If you can't find what you are looking for please click on the 'page contact' link at the foot of the page.
|B (no definitions)||D (no definitions)||F (no definitions)||G (no definitions)||I (no definitions)||J (no definitions)||K (no definitions)|
|X (no definitions)||Y (no definitions)||Z (no definitions)|
- Account Management
- Looking after your IT accounts
- Alumni website
- Part of the public website aimed at Alumni of WBS
- Anti-virus software
- How to obtain anti-virus software for your computer
- Application deployment
How to request new applications be made available
- Audio Visual equipment loan
- How to reserve loan equipment
- Audio Visual training
Obtaining training on the AV systems in use in WBS teaching rooms
- AV facilities in WBS teaching and meeting rooms
Room capacities, function and equipment for teaching and meeting rooms in WBS
- CD / DVD duplication (Staff)
- Options for the duplication of CDs and DVDs for work use
- Changing your password
- Information on changing your WBS password top
Service to all Warwick students and staff to access the Internet in different institutions across the UK and, increasingly, the world.
- Email merging (Staff)
- Instructions on using Mach5 for producing email merges.
- Email (PhD Researchers)
Find out about the mail.wbs system hosted for our PhD Researchers by Google. There's much more to it than just email...
- Email (Staff system)
Find out about the WBS staff email system.
- Email (Student System)
Find out more about the email system provided to our students (note PhD Researchers use a separate email system).
- Equipment disposal
- How to arrange for the disposal of old equipment.
- Equipment loan
- How to reserve loan equipment.
- e-resource access
Information on the library website on how to access e-resources
How to contact the WBS Helpdesk.
- Information on the wireless network provided by the central university's IT Services department. top
- Find out about the mail.wbs system hosted for our students by Google.
- Microsoft Office
- Information to help you get the most from Microsoft Office.
- Information on our online learning environment. top
- New usercode request (Staff)
- Request a usercode for a new staff member. Should be as early as possible. top
- Online questionnaires
How to obtain an accout for the Qualtrics advanced surveying system (available to all WBS students and staff)
- Advice on choosing a good password and how to change them.
- Pre-installation of software
How to request the pre-installation of software on computers in the WBS PG IT suite.
- Printing from personal devices (Students and PhD Researchers)
Instructions on how students and PhD Researchers can print from personal laptops, tablets and smartphones to the networked printers at WBS.
- Printing - Staff: installing a networked printer
Information for staff on how to install a group networked printer onto your WBS office computer.
- Printing (Students)
Learn about your printing / copying quota and how to make it go further.
- Privately-owned computer support
Support for privately-owned computers.
- Public Address system equipment
- Basic public address system for events, either indoor or out. top
- Qualtrics - advanced surveying software
Qualtrics is an industry-leading provider of enterprise feedback management and survey software solutions. WBS has an unlimited site licence paid for by the Doctoral Programme Office (DPO) that runs until June 30th 2012
- Remote Desktop (Staff and PhDs)
How to remotely access your office computer.
- Room booking (Staff)
- How to request a roombooking at WBS. top
Information on the scanning facilities available within WBS.
- Software Licences
- Information on software licences held by WBS and the wider university.
- Surveys (Staff and PhDs)
- How to create online surveys using IT Services' Formsbuilder product top
- Television programme recording
- How to request a recording of a TV programme for teaching or research (IT Services provided).
- Information on where to get training. top
- VHS To DVD Conversion
- Convert your old VHS tapes to DVD
- Video conferencing
- Overview of the video conferencing facilities on campus.
- Video recording of events
- How to get your events recorded. top