Assistant Professor of Accounting
BAcc (Taipei), MA (Glasgow), PhD (Manchester)
Principal-Agent Anaylses of Accounting; Executive Compensation and Corporate Governance; the Market for Corporate Control; Corporate Valuation Models; the Relationship between Accounting Disclosures and Stock Market Returns.
IB1240 Introduction to Financial Accounting (UGRAD)
IB2330 Financial Reporting 1 (UGRAD)
IB2340 Financial Reporting 2 (UGRAD)
- Liu, L S and Stark, A W, (2009), 'Relative Performance Evaluation in Executive cash Compensation - UK Empirical Evidence'. British Accounting Review, 41(1): 21-30.
- Liu, L S, (2008), 'The impact of research and development on relative performance evaluation in the UK'. International Journal of Managerial Finance, 4(4): 278-294.
Work in progress
- Rowe, A W and Liu, L S, (2009), 'Unpacking the 'Black Box': Discussing the implications of change in regulatory environments in respect to executive compensation'. Presented at PARC Conference, 31 March 2009.
- Liu, L S, Jiang, W and Chan, A L-C, (2009), 'The impact of accounting for share-based payment on executive compensation: the case of FTSE 350 firms'.
- Liu, L S, Jiang, W and Stark, A W, 'Executive compensation in the UK loss-firms; do directors ever lose?'
Funded work in progress (co-investigator)
- Rowe, A and Liu, L S, (2009), 'Exploratory Investigation into learning process underlying executive compensation decision making'; Funded by Research Institute of Business and Management at Manchester Metropolitan University.
1.112 Scarman Road
Warwick Business School
University of Warwick
T: +44 (0) 24 7652 2867
lisa dot liu at wbs dot ac dot uk