As you may be aware, as an alumni you already have access to apply for a University Library card and also access a range of journals free of charge.
WBS is delighted to now offer our MBA program alumni the opportunity to return to WBS to attend up to two selected elective modules alongside current MBA students, free of charge. This offer is open to all WBS MBA alumni.
Current MBA students complete their elective selections at 2 points in the academic year and once we have completed the allocations process for them, we will be able to let you know which modules are open to you. The offer will be for modules between March to November and then November to March. Elective options at both Warwick and The Shard will be offered.
By completing the form below you are 'opting in' to this scheme. This will allow us to then contact you by e-mail to advise which modules are available to you. We will always try to make as many modules as possible open to you, but please note that you will not be selecting specific modules at this point. We will advise you via e-mail of the modules and their timings once you have opted in to this scheme.
Before opting in, please do read the following:
• Not all elective modules will necessarily be offered as we have to prioritise places for current students and as such some modules may not be offered to alumni;
• You will not be permitted to attend any elective module you have already completed as part of your MBA;
• You will not be ‘re-registered’ with the University so modules are offered on a not for credit basis and through this scheme you won’t have automatic access to the library. Licensing restrictions requires full student status;
• You will be given access to the module area on my.wbs so you can access full information c. 4 - 6 weeks prior to the first day of teaching. We will be provide an ebook and case studies associated with the module where relevant;
• You will need to access any suggested journal articles independently and most often journals charge;
• You may be the only alumni on the module or there may be up to five in attendance (five is the maximum number per module);
• Your old student card (if you still have it!) will not work for accessing WBS at Warwick and your old Shard card will not work for accessing the Shard. We will provide you with a PIN number to access WBS at Warwick and sign you in as a guest at the Shard. Full joining instructions will be sent by the relevant Programme Team closer to the start of the module(s);
• To avoid disrupting the class, you must commit to attending the whole module and participate fully in all activities to contribute to the learning community you are joining. This includes group work activities;
• You will need to cover all transport, catering and/or accommodation costs associated with attending the module(s).
• PLEASE NOTE: If you do not attend an allocated module at late notice (or if you give less than 4 weeks notice of non-attendance), without evidence of mitigating circumstances, you will lose one of your two free modules. Repeated non-attendance without the appropriate notice will result in your name being removed from the list of eligible alumni students.