As the September 2022 round of the Alliance Activation Fund and Education Fund call draws to a close on 7 November, we're delighted to announce the projects funded and successful applicants in the June call:
Seven projects were funded through the Activation fund. Projects start in September 2022 and complete in July 2023.
- Building an online data-collection platform for in-play sports betting. Dr Daniel Bennett - Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Science, Monash and Professor Elliot Ludvig - Faculty of Science, Engineering and Medicine, Warwick
- Investigating the role of mucins in Clostridioides difficile infection. Professor Dena Lyras - Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Science, Monash and Dr Meera Unnikrishnan - Faculty of Science, Engineering and Medicine, Warwick
- Interrogating the Brussels Effect: The European Union Artificial Intelligence Act. Professor Chris Marsden - Monash Law School and Professor George Christou - Politics and International studies, Warwick
- Train-based rapid ultrasonic scanning of track for rail defect detection using EMAT. Professor Ravi Ravitharen - Faculty of Engineering, Monash and Professor Steve Dixon, Faculty of Science, Warwick
- Industry 4.0 Technologies (I4Ts) and Circular Economy (CE) in SMEs: A Comparative Study Examining the Role of I4Ts in Achieving CE Outcomes in Australian and UK SMEs. Professor Amrik Sohal - Faculty of Business and Economics and Professor Alok Choudhary - Faculty of Science, Engineering and Medicine, Warwick
- Re-Imagining Global Britain: Vicarious Identity, Humour, and the Anglosphere. Dr Ben Wellings - Faculty of Arts, Monash and Dr Christopher Browning - Faculty of Social Sciences, Warwick.
Three applications were funded through the Education fund. Projects start in September 2022 and complete in July 2024.
- Action Translate: enacting authentic, intercultural learning through a collaborative international online translation experience. Dr Margherita Angelucci - Faculty of Information Technology, Monash and Dr Olga Castro - Faculty of Arts / School of Modern Languages and Culture.
- Global Group Work: Cross-Border Student Projects on the International Political Economy of Everyday Life. Dr Tom Chodor - Faculty of Arts / School of Social Sciences and Professor Juanita Elias - Faculty of Social Sciences
- Rethinking assessment and feedback practices in higher education. Associate Professor Danijela Gasevic - MNHS/ School of Public Health and Preventative Medicine and Associate Professor Elena Riva - Institute for Advanced TEaching and Learning.
Applications are still open for the Student Led Activity Fund and PhD Travel Fund. Please continue to encourage students to apply for these opportunities. Find out more about funding @Warwick and @Monash