Warwick HRI has a small but rapidly growing portfolio of work that relates to climate change in agriculture. It is in the process of forming a Climate Change Group to develop a strong web presence (), create innovative knowledge transfer activities and collectively be stronger in sourcing future climate change research funding. This seminar briefly describes the current research and future ideas on climate change and climate change related work at Warwick HRI. A series of short (10 minute) presentations will be given by:
- Peter Mills - A Defra research and innovation network supporting adaptation in agriculture to climate change
- Bill Finch-Savage - Climate change and biodiversity in agri-environment schemes
- Andrea Grundy - The International Assessment of Agricultural Science and Technology for Development
- Brian Thomas - Vulnerability of UK Agriculture to Extreme Events
- Steve Adams - Direct energy use in agriculture: opportunities for reducing fossil fuel inputs
- David Skirvin - Ecosystem modelling
The seminar will take place on February 14 at WHRI. If you are involved in climate change at Warwick and would like to attend please contact Jason Pole.