As we adapt to different ways of working and studying, there is a huge amount of wellbeing support for all members of the University community to help you navigate the weeks ahead. Many existing forms of support are already available online and procedures are in place to deliver services in alternative ways – such as telephone, via video-link and email.
Please bear with us as we settle into new ways of providing support. In the meantime, here’s an overview of what’s available to you now.
General wellbeing advice
See our wellbeing FAQs around Coronavirus, and try Big White Wall - an online mental health and wellbeing service which has additional resources specifically round Coronavirus (available once you've registered with Big White Wall).
We will continue to provide a minimal wellbeing support service presence on campus to provide emergency wellbeing support to the students and staff remaining.
Support for staff
- Staff can access the Employee Assistance Programme 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This is a confidential support service designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general wellbeing.
- If staff have any questions about Wellbeing Support Services on campus, please call on 024 7657 5570 – you will be called back if you don’t get through to us immediately.
- Staff can also call their departmental HR adviser for information and employment advice.
Support for students
- To access any Wellbeing Support Service students simply need to go to our Wellbeing Portal.
- Consultation sessions are available to students on a daily basis by telephone - the team endeavour to continue to offer a same day service.
- Masterclass and Skills Sessions are offered online (the website will be kept up-to-date with this information).
- Advice appointments and therapy appointments will continue online/by phone, though services such as group work will inevitably pause for the time being.
- Wellbeing Support Service opening hours remain 8.30am – 5pm (4pm on Fridays).