Hard copies of reports from projects funded in previous years can be viewed in the Modern Records Centre (behind the Library).
Lists of previous projects are available here:
*The website to accompany a report on one of the projects funded in 2003 can be found here: 'A Photographic Study of the University of Warwick'
Examples of earlier projects include:
- Tibetan Monastic debate and the role of monasteries in the lay community.
- Food Traders in Tamil Nadu – Technology of street cart cooking.
- Seasearch survey of the Scilly Isles.
- Expedition to the North Pole.
- ‘Boing!’ – Community Theatre Cultural Exchange.
- The Trans-Mongolian Rail: A Journey Through Images.
- State Flowers in the Rocky Mountains**
- The role and influence of the English-Speaking press in Buenos Aires.
- ‘Lure’ and ‘Big City Blue’ – Film Projects.
- A photographic study of Italian architecture.**
- Seeing and Believing: A Review of Pulsar Observation**
**These reports received additional awards of £250 - £500 for being of outstanding calibre, at the discretion of the Trustees.
The first Lord Rootes award was made in 1967 to the University Boat Club, to buy a coxless four.