The Women's Institute (WI) was formed in 1915 to revitalise rural communities and encourage women to become more involved in producing food during the First World War. Since then the organisation's aims have broadened and the WI is now the largest voluntary women's organisation in the UK. The WI celebrated its centenary in 2015 and currently has 212,000 members in around 6,600 WIs.
We hope that forming a group here at Warwick will create a new opportunity for ladies to meet new friends in a non-work environment, socialise, learn new skills and have fun as well as work together to achieve success in fundraising activities and raising awareness on issues that matter to us and the local community.
Come along and see what we are getting excited about – and be prepared to be surprised if you think you know what a WI meeting is like!
We meet on the first Wednesday of each month at 5.15pm for a 5.30pm start - details as below:
|6th March 2019||Diverse Dance Mix (DDMix)||CMR1.0, Uni House|
|3rd April 2019||TBC||CMR1.2, Uni House|
|Sat 13th April 2018||Easter Outing: Cats||Royal Spa Centre|
|1st May 2019||Resolutions plus Curling||OC1.03, Oculus|
|5th June 2019||Barnados||OC1.03, Oculus|
|3rd July 2019||TBC||TBC|
The CMR rooms are in University House - find it on our campus map.
There is parking in Car Park 16 (Uni House) for staff members, or Car Park 12 (Westwood) for non staff members. Car Park 12 is pay and display.
The Oculus Building is in the centre of campus - find it on our campus map.
There is parking opposite the building in Car Park 7, or further around University Road in Car Park 8. Both these Car Parks are pay and display.
In our meetings we provide tea, coffee and nibbles for a small donation. Please feel free to bring along your own cold drinks or preferred refreshments.
Keep in Touch
- Subscribe to our monthly email by emailing us on womenofwarwickwi at gmail dot com
- Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/warwickwow
- Choose to be notified when changes are made to this page by clicking "Notify" at the top right of this page.
womenofwarwickwi at gmail dot com
- Any woman (aged 18 or over, as per WI regulations) can join from within the Warwick community (staff, students, nearby residents or staff relations)
- Annual subscription for 2019 is £42.00 payable by cash or cheque and entitles you to ten meetings throughout the year and the bi-monthly magazine.
- Visitors/guests can attend a maximum of one free meeting per annum. A charge of £4.50 per session thereafter will be required
- Subscription fees for 2019 are as follows:
January - December: £42.00
April - December: £31.50
July - December: £21.00
October - December: £10.50