Off campus housing
Expand your horizons beyond campus and make the move in to one of the areas local to the University.
We are the University of Warwick's property management agency, meaning we rent properties from private landlords and sub-let them to you.
We'll become your landlord so you have the peace of mind of dealing directly with us.
- Located in areas convenient for the University.
- Houses, flats and purpose-built student accommodation.
- En suite and shared bathroom accommodation.
- Mainly shared kitchen accommodation.
- Located within walking distance or close to a regular bus service to the main University campus (unless stated)
- No deposit or administration fees
- Each property has a designated Property Manager
- Properties regularly inspected by Warwick Accommodation
- Accommodation fees not due until the start of the tenancy and paid directly to the university
- Insurance cover per student for personal possessions
- 24 hour emergency line
- Online fault reporting system
- Gas maintenance for all heating and gas appliances
- Gas and electrical safety certificates
What to expect
Whilst each property is different, there are set standards that you can expect from all our off campus accommodation options.
- Beds are standard UK doubles or three quarter doubles (unless stated)
- A mattress protecter cover will be provided on each bed
- All bedrooms include a wardrobe, bookshelf, desk, desk chair, wastepaper bin and mirror
- You will need to bring your own sheets, duvets and pillows
- There will be no locks on bedroom doors (unless stated)
- Toilet, washbasin and bath and/or shower
- Most properties will have shared bathroom facilities
- All kitchens will have cupboards, a fridge, freezer, cooker, microwave and fire blanket
- You will need to provide your own crockery, cutlery, kettle, toaster and cooking utensils
- All properties will have a communal area with seating
- Most properties will contain a washing machine with a maintenance contract
- Each property will have a vacuum cleaner, mop and bucket, sweeping brush and a dustpan and brush
- An ironing board is provided in the property but you will need to provide an iron
- There is a television aerial point in the property. If you are using a television, you will need to buy a TV Licence
Utility bills and internet
On the property details page it will say if any utilities (gas, electricity, water and internet) are included in the accommodation fees. If they are not included then your bills will need to be equally split between housemates.
It is difficult to estimate the cost as it will vary depending on the season and size of the property and your usage. As a rough guide, we recommend students budget around £20 per person, per week for utility bills and internet.
When you move into your property the gas, electricity and water will all be connected. If internet is not included then you will need to arrange for the set-up of an internet connection. All internet costs and any associated phone line are the responsibility of the tenants.
For information on what to do for utilities and internet once you move in, please see the Residences Handbook.