Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

Explore our selection of Student Accommodation FAQ's

Find answers to the most frequently asked accommodation questions from prospective and current students.

Prospective Students

Current Students

Further Support

Prospective students FAQ's

Back to top

If you are planning to join a new course at Warwick, you are a prospective student.

Campus accommodation applications/bookings for the upcoming 2023/2024 academic year are now open. You can visit our apply webpage to find out more.

Applying for accommodation on campus is a simple online process for students. There is no application fee to pay and you won’t need to pay a deposit to secure your accommodation.

Each year we publish specific application guidance when accommodation applications/bookings open. Please read the specific guidance available and application specific FAQs as the application/booking process differs depending on your student type i.e. undergraduate, postgraduate. Visit our apply webpage for further information.

We guarantee accommodation for all eligible first year undergraduate students who meet the conditions and deadlines noted in our allocation principles. Our allocation principles are updated for each academic year, so please ensure you read the allocation principles for the relevant year prior to completing the accommodation application/booking process.

Read our allocation principles for further information related to our guarantee.

At Warwick we understand that your accommodation needs may be influenced by your health or disability. If you have additional requirements, you should follow our specific accommodation requirements process to ensure you are supported by the relevant Wellbeing and Student Support Services team by the deadline noted in our allocation principles.

Yes. Let lengths are fixed and cannot be changed for full year students. You can find the let length for each residence at each residence webpage. For undergraduate students we offer mostly 35, 40 and 44 week let length options and for postgraduates we offer 40, 44 and 50 week let length options. It is important you understand that this will be the number of weeks you are signing a contract and you must pay rent for the duration of your contract let length.

If you are allocated to a 35 week let length you’ll need to move out for 5 weeks over the Easter vacation period. Should you need to stay on campus during this period, you can book vacation accommodation through the Student Information Centre.

If you are an incoming exchange student studying at Warwick for one or two terms via the Student Mobility team and you are allocated to a hall on campus, you will only be contracted to the terms you are enrolled here for.

Your rent includes WIFI, contents insurance and utility bills such as electric, water and gas. View our halls of residence.

You’ll find an itemised list of the things included in your room by visiting our halls of residence webpages.

We do not provide you with a television licence. Most of our residences do not include televisions in the rooms. If you want to watch or stream live TV, the TV licensing authority requires you to have a licence. Please visit The TV Licensing websiteLink opens in a new window for more information.

Current students FAQ's

Back to top

If you are already studying at Warwick, you are a current student.

Yes. Both undergraduate and postgraduate students returning to study at Warwick after their first year are able to book a room on campus. Bookings are made on a first-come first-served basis for students who are not supported for specific accommodation requirements.

We usually open room bookings for returning undergraduate students towards the end of Term 1. Returning postgraduate students can usually book accommodation when our prospective student accommodation bookings open in Spring.

You can visit our useful information section of our website for information regarding all of the services available. You’ll find information about sending/receiving post, your local residence hub, how to report a fault, your contents insurance and more.

We usually open our room transfer process a few weeks into Term 1. Please bear in mind that room transfers are subject to availability and not guaranteed.

You can find further information by visiting our campus transfer request webpage.

If you are leaving your accommodation early, you must complete a campus departure form. You should bear in mind that completing a campus departure form does not release you from the obligations of your contract and you will still be liable to pay your accommodation fees in full.

You do have the option to try and find a suitable replacement student to take over your contract. We help students with a campus contract find a replacement by advertising student vacancies on our website to other Warwick students

If you would prefer to live off campus after your first year, you'll need to search for private accommodation off campus. You can find helpful information about how to search for private accommodation in the local area on our Living Off Campus webpage.

Whilst you can conduct your own search for private accommodation, Warwick Studentpad is an exclusive property search platform should you need a helping hand to find a suitable property.

We would strongly encourage you to seek housing advice from Warwick Students' Union. The SU Advice Team offer valuable guidance and can help you understand your contract before you sign.

Further Support

Get in Touch

Find out all the ways you can get in touch with us.

Whether it be an issue with your accommodation, a query about preparing for your first year on campus or to even pay us a compliment!

You can find all the various methods on the below webpage.

Contact us

Your Residential Community Team

Your RCT live alongside students in our halls of residence on campus and play a key role in building a community at Warwick.

They are available 24 hours a day and are your first point of call for pastoral care or residential related queries.

Learn more