It is our aim that every child attending the Holiday Scheme will have an enjoyable time, will have learnt a new skill and made some new friends.
Every effort has been taken to ensure the children are safe, well cared for and have a positive experience while attending the holiday scheme.
We would ask you to draw your child’s attention to the Holiday Scheme Code of Conduct as we believe that we can only achieve our aims if all of the children are co-operating and behaving well.
1. The children are expected to have regard for their own and others’ safety and well being;
2. The children are expected to respect their own and other people’s property;
3. The children are expected to help one-another;
4. The children are expected to be polite and respectful towards the Holiday Scheme Staff;
5. The Holiday Scheme Staff are expected to be polite and respectful to the children;
6. We will not tolerate any bullying or prejudice;
7. We will not tolerate any bad language;
8. The children must follow the instructions of the Holiday Scheme staff or the professionals leading the activities.
The Holiday Scheme staff will support the children to behave appropriately and to follow this code of behaviour. However, in the event that a child breaks the code, the Holiday Scheme staff will take the following action:
1st incident – the child will be spoken to by a member of staff on a one to one basis and their behaviour discussed. The member of staff will explain why the child’s behaviour was unacceptable and warned about future behaviour.
2nd incident – the child will be removed from the session and asked to sit out for a short period of time – up to 5 minutes. After this period the child’s behaviour will be discussed with a member of staff again and a final warning given
3rd incident – The child will be removed from the activity and taken to the Holiday Scheme Education and Welfare Officer, who will discuss the child’s behaviour. The child will not be able to continue with the activity that is taken place and will be asked if they wish to continue with the Holiday Scheme. If they the child wishes to continue they will be reminded of the Holiday Scheme Code and will have to agree to uphold it, if not the parent will be contacted and asked to collect their child.
4th Incident – the child will be removed from all activities and the parents contacted to collect their child.
The child will not be allowed to return to the Holiday Scheme and no refund will be payable