This includes machinery such as strimmers and hedgecutters etc.
Further, specific guidance on chainsaws is also provided.
Never approach someone if they are operating machinery – they will be wearing ear protection and may be startled by you.
· check that guards are fitted to the power tool before starting the engine;
· add fuel before starting the engine;
· always switch off the engine before making adjustments;
· make sure that machinery cannot start accidentally; ??
· lock machinery away securely when not in use;
· hand held power tools must not be carried with the motor running (other than in the operating position);
· never leave machinery/vehicles running while unattended.
· never remove guards whilst the machine is running
· do not operate engine in a confined space – Danger: exhaust fumes are poisonous;