Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Change of status in relation to ITS Accounts

Change of status is when you move between one of the following roles:

  • Student
  • Research post
  • Staff

In some cases it's appropriate to have more than one account (for instance, separate staff and student accounts). If you are undertaking part-time employment and/or study, you will have different University IDs for each account.

However, many people move from a student to a research role. Also, moving from a student or research role to being a staff member is common. In these cases you will be automatically assigned a new University ID, ITS Account and email address.

When you change to a new ITS Account, we advise you to contact the IT Services Help Desk. We can assist you with, for example, registering the new account, moving files and forwarding emails to the new account.