We have a number of Meeting Owl Pro Video Conferencing devices that have been installed in rooms across campus or are available to loan.
These devices are ideal for use in a room that doesn't have any other fixed Audio and Video Conferencing systems installed within it.
They should only be used in rooms with a maximum occupancy level of between 4-8 people and should utilise the following recommended room layoutLink opens in a new window.
All of our Meeting Owl Video Conference units come in a handy carry case with a shoulder strap and handle. We provide mains power leads and USB Type A connector and extension leads (for connection with your laptop, desktop PC or Teaching Room PC) inside each carry case.
- Top tips! To best view the meeting, remote users should select the options "Pin for me" and "Fit to Frame" (not "Fill Frame") against the Teams panel that contains the Owl broadcast (this option is available by right-clicking the panel in question or through the three dots next to the name)
- For those joining remotely, please can we remind you to turn off your microphones when not talking as a small amount of audio feedback from remote participants can affect the sound quality for those attending online, this can make it difficult to hear what is being said in the room.
- Further guidance is availableLink opens in a new window.
- AV Services advice is against the use of the Meeting Owl App, for security reasons many of the features are passcode protected, anecdotal evidence suggests it can be distracting within the meeting environment.
- The Meeting Owl Pro is currently unable to connect to the Warwick Wi-Fi network as enterprise wireless networks are not supported by the Meeting Owl product. Some of the advanced features require Wi-Fi and have therefore been password protected for security and support reasons.
- Please note that the Meeting Owl Pro cannot be paired up with another Owl within our network environment.
- A limited number have also been deployed into the IDG Central Space and a number of CMRs and Meeting Rooms within University House, the Client Experience Meeting RoomLink opens in a new window in the Beehive and in the Library for testing and development purposes. Please contact local departmental representatives for details of these devices and how to access them.
The Meeting Owl Pro is capable of:
- 360-degree views and audio (1080p camera)
- Audio pickup at a range of 5.5m
- Automatic zoom that responds to who’s speaking
- Integration with tripods mounts through 1/4 screw. Works with all tripods supplied through the loan stock.
Integration with Teams, Zoom, Google Hangouts, Slack, GoToMeeting and more...
These video conferencing units are available for all staff to loan. Students wishing to borrow these items must ask a member of staff to book the item on your behalf. When borrowing any item of our loan stock you will be expected to take full responsibility for this item and return it in the same condition it was loaned to you in.
For more information, tutorials and resources on the Meeting Owl Pro see: