This service connects the fixed lecture capture camera to the PC as a webcam in certain rooms. It facilitates the following features:
- Display video of the presenter at the lectern or stage, as well as blackboard or whiteboard areas in virtual meeting spaces:
- Support for blended delivery models supporting face to face and distanced learning.
- Cross platform support enables functionality with any virtual platform from Blackboard Collaborate, Microsoft Teams, StarLeaf and more...
- Controllable camera functionality from Lectern Touch Panels.
Take time to view our FAQ and Tips
Where can I use on-site Video with Teams?
We'll roll out MS Teams Video Camera one room at a time in Centrally Timetabled Teaching Rooms.
Use the MS Teams Video Camera check box under the Facilities Search on our supported areas page to see a list of suitably equipped rooms. You can also specify other criteria that are important to your teaching to further filter the list.
You will find this technology reflected on the Centrally Timetabling Booking system as:
- ‘TEAMS - TUTOR CAMERA’ = MS Teams Video Camera
Please be aware of what remote participants can see through the camera. The touch panel on the lectern can be used to adjust the viewing angle of the camera during the meeting if you need to move or show a different area.
It is also possible to share video content via:
- Screen Sharing
- Document Camera/Visualiser
These options can be selected during a meeting by specifying the content you wish to share, or by changing the camera within device settings to "Wolfvision Video Capture II" to switch to the Document Camera.
This same camera & camera pre-sets are available for use with Echo 360 Lecture Capture should you wish to record video of a presenter or video of a physical whiteboard or blackboard.
The MS Teams Video Camera can be seen in the virtual meeting, on any scheduled lecture capture or recording, and in the physical room simultaneously.
See our Cleaning and Hygiene Guidance for instruction on what to do before and after use of the PC & Touch Panel.
For support with AV equipment in rooms, please contact the Audio Visual team on 024 765 22463
For support with Teaching with Teams, please see the IT Training Team pages.
For support with other aspects of teaching using classroom technologies, please contact the Academic Technology team via the online Help Desk.
If you feel like the technology in the room does not meet the standard you require, please contact our colleagues in Space Management. Please provide as much detail as possible to aid their response. firstname.lastname@example.org
How to use on-site Video with Teams?
Teams in teaching rooms works in the same way that it does when using it on a home or office Windows computer. The only difference is that you must choose the MS Teams Video Camera (in-room camera) rather than using the built-in camera on a laptop or a USB webcam for video. The camera does not pick-up audio and you should also follow the guidance around audio in rooms, and how to set the MS Teams Microphones in the device settings.
- Switch the system on via the control touch panel on the lectern.
- Log in to the desktop PC with your username and password.
- Open Microsoft Teams.
- Change the camera in device settings.
Click on three dots next to the profile icon in the top right corner, then Settings, then Devices. (You can also click on the settings cog before you join a meeting).
- Under the option for camera, Select "321F-INOGENI 4KXUSB3" or "INOGENI SHARE2U". You should now see the view from the in room camera in a preview window.
- To change the angle of your view use the touch panel located on top of the lectern in the room. Press Camera Control in the bottom left corner of the touch panel. Use the pre-sets or the directional wheel to select your camera angle.
- You are now ready to join a Test Call to confirm your settings or Join your Meeting.
Should you have an issue with this see our Troubleshooting & Tips below or contact a member of the team.
Troubleshooting & Tips
Test call: You can make a Test Call on Teams to check if the MS Teams Video is picking up video of the room with your desired angle, and that the MS Teams Wireless Microphone is enabled, before you start or join a meeting.
No Video: Check that INOGENI is selected and that the camera is correctly configured within the settings menu. Check that video has not been turned off on the meeting tool bar.
No audio: Check the sound is not muted on the touch panel, PC or meeting toolbar. Ensure the PC system sound is also set to the correct device settings.
- Open the Control Panel on the PC from the search bar in the bottom left.
- Click on Sounds.
- Under the Playback Tab the default device should be set to 'ExtronScalerD' or 'Extron HDMI'.
- Under the recording tab the default device should be set to Microphone 'Scarlet 2i2 USB'.
- Ensure the settings in Microsoft Teams also reflects these same device settings.