The ResNet Service provides a managed residential network providing Internet access, and connection support for residents in all student and some staff accommodation on campus.
What do I get?
- A network port in your bedroom that provides a connection to the Internet.
- Wireless network access from most bedrooms and kitchens across campus residences. For details of how to configure your device for wireless access, please click here.
- Help! Full support from our Helpdesk, email email@example.com.
- For more serious problems - free access to our systems support service, for privately owned computers.
Full details of what the service provides are available in our full service description.
To get started
- Make sure you have read and understood the Acceptable Use Policy.
Breaching the AUP - for example by using Peer to Peer file sharing applications, or illegally downloading copyrighted material - can have serious consequences, including disconnection from the network and in some cases a reconnection charge of up to £100.
- Check your machine meets the minimum requirements for the ResNet service.
As well as the hardware and operating system requirements, you must make sure you have suitable anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software installed.
- Connect and Go!
This service is free for residents in University campus accommodation.
The ResNet service is available 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, apart from very occasional periods of planned maintenance. Support for the service is available during standard support hours (9:00 - 17:30 Monday to Friday).