Installing and connecting with the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
NOTE: Before installing the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client you will need Admin rights to your machine. You may have to arrange this through your local IT support.
The installation and start-up of the Cisco AnyConnect Client should be an automated process when using either ActiveX or Java via the web VPN gateway. However in some instances you may be asked to download the client software and install manually. If you have earlier versions of the Cisco AnyConnect Client already installed when you connect via the web, it will automatically update to the current version.
Note: Please FIRST add the site: https://vpn.warwick.ac.uk to your Trusted Sites in IE/your browser, before pointing to the link in step 1 below.
- Point your browser to the following link: https://vpn.warwick.ac.uk
- Enter your Username/Password click Login to begin the AnyConnect client install process.
3. Click Continue when you see the window below.
4. The next window below will appear. Click Download for Windows.
5. After clicking on "Download for Windows", the next wimdow will appear asking you to save the Cisco AnyConnect Client to PC. Click Save File.
6. Click on the "Instructions" button and follow steps 1 through to 9.
7. Follow steps 1 through to 9.
Note: In step 9, "test.cisco.com" is an example, Please substitute for: vpn.warwick.ac.uk.
8. From step 9 above, having launched the Cisco AnyConnect Client, and entered: vpn.warwick.ac.uk, and your UoW_single-sigh_on credentials, click "Accept"
9. For funture connections, launch the Cisco AnyConnect Client from the Windows Menu.
10. To disconnect:
Open the Cisco AnyConnect Client from the "Up Arrow" on the task bar and click "Disconnect".