Installing and connecting with the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
NOTE: Before installing the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client you will need Admin rights to your machine. You may have to arrange this through your local University IT support.
The download and installation of the Cisco AnyConnect Client should be a seemless automated process, when first connecting via your browser to the VPN gateway. During the process, the operating system is automatically detected, which can take a while, so please be patient. The below example is a Windows operating system. However in some instances you may be asked to download the client software and install manually.
If this happens, please contact the ITS Support Help Desk. If you have other versions of the Cisco AnyConnect Client already installed when you connect, it will automatically detect and update to the current version installed for deployment on the VPN system.
- Point your browser to the following link: https://vpn.warwick.ac.uk
- Enter your Username/Password click Login to begin the AnyConnect client install process.
3. Click Continue when you see the window below.
4. The next window below will appear. Click Download for Windows.
5. After clicking on "Download for Windows", the next wimdow will appear asking you to save the Cisco AnyConnect Client to PC. Click Save File.
6. Click on the "Instructions" button and follow steps 1 through to 9.
7. Follow steps 1 through to 9.
Note: In step 9, "test.cisco.com" is an example, Please substitute for: vpn.warwick.ac.uk.
8. From step 9 above, having launched the Cisco AnyConnect Client, and entered: vpn.warwick.ac.uk, and your UoW_single-sigh_on credentials, click "Accept"
9. For funture connections, launch the Cisco AnyConnect Client from the Windows Menu.
10. To disconnect:
Open the Cisco AnyConnect Client from the "Up Arrow" on the task bar and click "Disconnect".