The Telephony Service provides internal and external voice communications on campus and at Warwick HRI, including offices, student accommodation and the conference centres.
This service delivers a telephony network across all areas of the campus, which is presented to the customer via a RJ45 wall mounted socket or as telephony over a data network (VoIP).
It manages the links from the University telephone system to the public telecommunications network for incoming and outgoing calls.
This service manages the relationship between the University and the external suppliers supporting the telephony service in all aspects of the services provided by them, such as equipment supply, system maintenance, telecommunications network and ADSL provision.
The service also provides:
- A voicemail service available to all university staff phone lines.
- Advice on the appropriate specialised telephony services and features available to meet the requirements of individuals and departments.
- For the setup of new extensions and of special features (call diversion, pick up groups, etc).
- A service for the design and installation of small to large scale telephony systems as required.
- A call logging service enabling the recharging of telephone calls.
- A voice recording system enabling call centres to keep a record of conversations.