By default, when you start using a personal or a group file space, you're the only person who can access it. However, you can give administrator permissions to other University members, a web group or an external user.
Those with administrator permissions can:
- View any files in your file space.
- Change any files in your file space, upload a file, change or delete a file or folder, and create new folders.
- Edit the sharing permissions for any files and folders in your file space.
- View the activity history.
Only the original file space owner can add or remove other administrators.
- Go to files.warwick.ac.uk
- Browse to the file space you want to add another administrator to.
- In the menu bar, select Admin > Add/remove administrators.
In the Administrators window, specify whether you want to give administrator permissions to a Warwick person or a Warwick WebGroup:
- Start typing the name of the person or web group in the text box.
- Select the person or web group you want to add from the list of matches. (To add an external user, paste their external usercode in the text box.)
- Select the Add administrator button. The person or web group you selected now appears in the list of administrators at the right-hand side.
- The person (or web group members) you added can access your file space immediately. The file space appears on their Files.Warwick home page when they're signed in.