How do I request a group file space?
Group file spaces are ideal for collaborative or group projects where you need to store common project documents or research data used by your group. Unlike personal file spaces, you need to request a group file space from IT Services.
- Go to files.warwick.ac.uk and ensure you're signed in.
- Select Create group file space in the menu bar.
In the Group/project file space window, enter your preferred file space name in the Requested file space name box. This should be all lower case without spaces. It forms the URL – for example,
- Enter the full title in the Requested file space title box e.g. Joe Bloggs – Project Files.
- Include a brief reason for your request.
- Select the Request group space button.
- You'll be notified within three working days whether your request is granted or not. Once your request is granted, you'll receive an email and you can start using the file space. Similar to personal file spaces, each group file space has one owner but can have many administrators. You can add administrators as individuals or add whole groups at once.
Alternative file sharing tools