You can share files or folders with others so they can carry out particular actions:
- View – view files or folders at a particular URL.
- Change – allow others to upload files, change or delete files and folders, and create new folders.
- Manage – allow others to change the sharing permissions on files or folders.
Note: If someone is not able to at least view the containing folder of a file, they will only have View permission for that file – even if you grant them Change or Manage permission.
The following table shows which permissions you can assign to different audiences:
|Anyone, even if they are not signed in||Yes||No||No|
|Any Warwick staff||Yes||No||No|
|Any Warwick student||Yes||No||No|
|A Warwick person||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|An external user||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|A web group||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Go to files.warwick.ac.uk and ensure you're signed in.
- Browse to the relevant file space.
If you want to share an entire folder, select the folder at the left-hand side and then skip to step 5:
To share a file, browse to its containing folder and select the file using the checkbox at the left of the file name:
- Select Share in the menu bar.
- Decide who to share the file with and select the relevant audience using the radio buttons:
If you selected A Warwick person or A Warwick WebGroup in the previous step, start typing the name in the text box. (For an external user, paste their usercode in the text box.)
- Use the Send an email checkbox to specify whether or not you wish to send an email to notify recipients that they can now access the file.
- Use the radio buttons to specify whether recipients can view, change (e.g. upload, edit and delete), or manage a file (grant sharing permissions to others).
- Select Share.