Creating a web forward
A web forward is a way of pointing a domain name other than
warwick.ac.uk to a SiteBuilder page. For example, you may have a large research project with its own domain name at
myresearchproject.com - but you also want to host and maintain your website using SiteBuilder.
How to create a web forward
Follow these steps in order:
- Register a domain name
- Request a new forward (i.e. request your domain name is pointed to a SiteBuilder page)
Things to note:
- It will normally take at least four days for your request to be processed.
- Once the redirect has taken the user to your Sitebuilder web site and the user starts to navigate around the web pages the domain name will revert to the Sitebuilder web address.
- The Warwick SiteBuilder web address has a good search ranking within google which you will be unlikely to achieve with any separate domain name. For this reason we normally advise that it is better to use the Warwick domain name.
- If you have already registered a domain name with an external supplier, you need to update your domain's DNS records to point to the Warwick IP address.
If you no longer require any of your Warwick Forwards, or you have any questions, please contact us at webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk.